- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chunks until evenly distributed.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown and the centers are set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are sure to be a hit with anyone who loves a classic chocolate chip cookie with a hearty, oatmeal twist. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply